Cemetery Address: 100 E 300 S Santaquin, UT 84655
Cemetery Hours: Dawn to Dusk
Office Address: 275 West Main St., Santaquin, UT 84655
Phone: (801) 754-3211
Fax: (801) 754-3526
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 9:00AM-5:00PM and Friday 9:00AM-1:00PM, excluding holidays
Cemetery Hot Links
State Burial Data Base
State of Utah Death Certificate Data Base
Key Rules: (For a full list of rules, see the City Code)
- No animals shall be allowed in the Santaquin City Cemetery unless confined in a vehicle. It shall be unlawful for any person having the care of any animal to allow the animal to be within the cemetery, except physically confined in a motor vehicle, or seeing-eye dogs used by the visually impaired.
- Glass containers and items driven into the ground such as iron, wires, sticks and pegs are prohibited and will be removed upon discovery.
- Flowers and other decorations must be confined to the headstone and its cement apron.
- The Public Works Director, or designee, may remove all floral pieces and/or decorations left on graves longer than five (5) days, including Memorial Day and all other holidays. Floral pieces and/or decorations will be removed without notice when they are deemed unsightly by The Public Works Director, or designee.
- It shall be unlawful for any person to erect or maintain any fence, corner post, coping, hedge or boundary of any kind upon any lot, street, alley or walk in said cemetery, or grade the ground or land thereof.
- No planting of any type of plant material or digging or disturbing of the sod within the cemetery will be permitted. When cemetery employees deem it necessary to remove shrubs, trees, bushes, etc., presently growing due to disease, unsightly appearance, or preparation of a grave, they will not be replaced.
- It shall be unlawful for any person place any monuments or markers upon any lot in said cemetery without a written permission from the City Office and under the direction of the Public Works Director, or designee. Contractors and others having work in the cemetery, must make known their business to the City Offices receive permission at least two (2) working days before work is commenced.
- Burial shall not occur on federally observed holidays including Christmas, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, Labor Day, or on Sundays. Provided, however, that a burial may be permitted on any of the days described above if the deceased died of a contagious disease, or if other health or welfare concerns so require.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: I’ve lost my deed, how do I get a new one?
A: For a fee, replacement deeds can be requested at the City Office. New deeds arrive in the mail approximately one (1) week after request.
Q: Is it possible to sell or deed my grave to someone else?
A: For a fee, you can request a transfer at the City Office. New deeds arrive in the mail approximately one (1) week after request.
Q: I no longer want my graves in the Santaquin Cemetery, can I sell them back?
A: Santaquin City does not purchase back burial rights. However, we do keep a list of customers selling burial rights, in order to coordinate with customers who want graves in areas that are sold out. Otherwise, posting them in the local paper or online are both good options.